Captain’s Log, Stardate 12.01.2005
Dineen Miller tagged me for this game: List 15 facts and personal preferences about books:
1. I love ’em, love ’em, love ’em. Give me a book anyday.
2. I like Chicklit and Suspense. I also love Regency romances. I will admit to a secret liking for Silhouette Romances—you know, the sweet ones with the teal covers that are often a bit paranormal now? I will also read a Harlequin Presents occasionally—I just finished “The Italian’s Stolen Bride” by Emma Darcy that was entertaining. Plus I got it at Fictionwise.com (ebook) at a discount. :)
3. I can’t list my favorite authors, I know I’m going to forget one. You can see my favorite books if you go to my Amazon.com page and look at my reviews and listmania list.
4. Okay, I can list this favorite author—I love anything by Betty Neels. Her books are so British. I like the quaint, old-fashioned air of them. I also like Grace Livingston Hill’s books. They have a similar quality.
5. I have literally thousands of books in my home. It’s pathetic.
6. Book or movie? While I love movies, I’d usually opt for a book unless movie includes snuggling with my husband.
7. I have the 15th edition Chicago Manual of Style and I love it.
8. I give books away each month on my website. I’ll have December’s drawing up soon—I’m giving away two terrific book packs!
9. I carry a book with me everywhere. I hate sitting with nothing to do. If I don’t have a paperback tucked into my purse, I at least have my PDA with dozens of ebooks in it.
10. I like to eat while reading. I know it’s bad, so I have to control my portions before I start, but I enjoy it immensely. I will sip a bowl of soup while reading a Regency, or snack on veggie chips while finishing a Chicklit.
11. I hope to have one of my manuscripts become a published book someday.
12. I hope to see my friends’ manuscripts become published books someday.
13. I continue to be amazed and honored to personally have met so many terrific authors, editors, and agents.
14. I have a secret epic brewing inside me, a young adult fantasy series of 5 books and a prequel.
15. I used to dog-ear pages when I was younger, but these days I almost always use a bookmark. Plus I get so many of them from authors—it’s great! I have them strewn all over the house so I’m never in need of one.
Next up: (Unfortunately, Dineen already tagged the nutsos—er, I mean, people who post the most comments on my blog! Doh!)
P.S. Happy 4th Anniversary, honeybunny!