Captain's Log, Stardate 08.22.2008 I actually wrote out my pattern! I was getting a lot of hits on my infamous toilet seat cover , and I wanted to make a new one with “improvements,” so I paid attention and wrote things down as I made the new one. This was originally based off the Potty Mouth toilet cover , but I altered it to fit over the seat instead of the lid. Yarn: any worsted weight yarn, about 120 yards (this is a really tight number, I used exactly 118 yards. My suggestion is to make sure you have about 130 yards.) I suggest using acrylic yarn because you’re going to be washing this often. Needle: I used US 8, but you can use whatever needle size is recommended by the yarn you’re using. Gauge: Not that important. Mine was 4 sts/1 inch in garter stitch. 6 buttons (I used some leftover shell buttons I had in my stash) tapestry needle Crochet hook (optional) Cover: Using a provisional cast on, cast on 12 stitches. Work in garter st until liner measures
I haven’t been on Goodreads in a while because of my health, but I went back on the other day. I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. Are you on Goodreads? Join my Goodreads group and chat with me! Tell me what you’ve been reading lately and also let me know if you have any prayer requests .
My Camille Elliot (Christian Regency Romantic Suspense) newsletter went out last week, but in case you missed it, you can click on the link below to read it. In my newsletter this month, I link to my blog post about the noble titles in my Lady Wynwood’s Spies series, including Lady Wynwood’s title and that of Lady Aymer and Mr. Ackett’s father, Lord Ammler. I also posted a link to my “Ghetto Gongfu” blog post, which is for beginners who might want to try gongfu tea brewing but don’t want to spend a lot of money on equipment. Click here to read my Camille Elliot newsletter for this month.