The Next Big Thing
I got tagged by Sarah Penner AND Becca Whitham!
The rules of the blog hop:
1. Mention who tagged you, and link to their post.
2. Give the rules.
3. Answer the ten questions below.
4. Link to several more people (I chose 6).
1) What is the title of your next book?
Right now, on my computer, it’s “Yet Another Untitled Manuscript”
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
The genre (Regency romance) came from my editor, but the storyline came from a germ of an idea I had when reading (yet again) Dragonsinger by Anne McCaffrey.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Regency romance! Yes, it’s a departure for me. I’ll be writing under a pseudonym.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
The hero is Richard Armitage! (Sigh) I've loved him ever since watching North and South! He was also soooooo sexy in Robin Hood!
Heroine ... Undecided yet.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy fights a duel, happily ever after. :)
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Represented by my agent, Wendy Lawton.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Maybe Amanda Quick without all the sex. :)
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Like I said earlier, my editor was the one who suggested the genre. We’re both Regency romance nuts. The storyline was only a germ of an idea for a long time, but I started developing it for this book.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
Aside from the jaw-dropping fact I’m writing a Regency? :O I’m really praying that anyone who has felt lonely and isolated will realize that Jesus is always there for them, and loves them, and they are not alone.
Who hasn’t been tagged by this one yet??? If you haven’t and want to participate, link to your blog post in the comments!