Captain's Log, Stardate 03.20.2012
My latest annoyance is that I didn’t know how to get the news feeds of the pages I liked, like the ones for music artists and TV shows.
But this also includes Authors I’ve liked, which is what spurred me to figure out how to do this.
How to get updates from your “liked” pages on your main Facebook news page:
1) Go to your profile.
2) Click on your Likes.
3) You’ll see a list of everything you’ve “liked” on Facebook. Hover your mouse over each one, and a little box will pop up.
4) Hover your mouse over the gray “Liked” box. A dropdown list will show up.
5) There will be a section called “Add to lists” and you may already have lists or there is an option to add a “New list.” You can add the page to a list already there, or add a new list.
6) When you add a new list, you’ll get a popup box. From here, you can add other pages to your new list besides the one page. Click on “Pages” on the right side and add any pages you want in your new list. You can also add friends and subscriptions, but for my Facebook newsfeed, I’ve already put my friends in different “friend” lists.
7) After you’ve added your pages, click Next at the bottom right.
8) Here you can name your list and also pick who can see your list. You can make it public, viewable only by your friends, or viewable only by yourself. Then click Done at the bottom right.
Another option is to get page updates in your email inbox, which I’ve also done via Hyper Alerts. Here’s a good article explaining Hyper Alerts and how to use it.
How do you get updates from your favorite Facebook pages? Any ideas besides these two solutions?