Captain’s Log, Supplemental
Missy Tippens, Nancy Brandt, AND Susan Meissner tagged me this week!
Update: I also got tagged by Trish Perry and Rachelle Gardner!
That's FIVE! Heather and I are seeing who can get the most tags! LOL
Update: Deborah Vogts just tagged me! That’s SIX!
Update: Eileen tagged me! That’s SEVEN!
Update: P.S. McManus and LaShaunda tagged me! That’s NINE!
Update: Robin Lee Hatcher tagged me! That's TEN!
Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
8 random facts/habits about me ...
1) I knit to write. My mom had taught me knitting when I was younger, but I picked it up again completely randomly one day. Then I discovered that when I knit, it helps me to write. So now I sit at my computer and knit a little, write a little, knit a little, write a little. I also knit to unwind.
2) I make cards. My friend Sharon Hinck is a Stampin’ Up demonstrator and she got me into it. I love doing it to unwind, plus I make thank you cards for editors and agents and my publishing house peeps.
3) I love reading Regency romances although I’d never write them. Most of my favorite authors are all either dead or else not publishing books anymore: Mary Ann Gibbs, Norma Lee Clark, Joan Smith, Jane Austen, Elisabeth Fairchild. I also love Carla Kelly and she just came out with a new one for the first time in years.
4) I have extremely flat feet. They are so flat, when I walk across linoleum, my feet make suction noises. I have to wear inserts in my sneakers to do aerobics, and I use Taryn Rose (Hysterically Expensive) boots when I go to conferences because they’re so incredibly comfortable that I don’t need my inserts.
5) I am allergic to crustaceans, specifically shrimp, crab, and lobster. The weird thing is that I can eat fresh-water shrimp (prawns), and I can eat crab grown in Hawaii waters. I think there’s some kind of toxin in the water of normal shrimp and crab that I’m allergic to. However, I can eat as many clams, scallops, and oysters as I want.
6) I love French fries. They are my favorite food. I must have them at least once every two weeks, although I try to limit myself to no more than once a week.
7) I stand when I work at the computer. I have my keyboard, monitor, and trackball elevated with boxes so they’re at the proper ergonomic height. It’s very comfortable for my back, and I sit every so often to rest my legs.
8) I love spreadsheets. I use them for plotting. I also use them for organizing the Genesis contest.
Monday, May 07, 2007
Captain’s Log, Supplemental